UK ISO/IEC27001 User Group
The UK ISO/IEC 27001 User Group exists to promote awareness of and share good practice in relation to ISO/IEC 27001 and information security management systems.
Membership is on an individual basis and is free of charge*. You do not need to have any particular level of expertise or prior experience of information security to join.
Benefits of membership:
- Attend free workshops where guest speakers and experts present and take questions
- Networking opportunities – our members share a rich knowledge and experience across a wide range of industrial, commercial, educational and public sector interests, and the opportunity of gaining practical advice and guidance on all aspects of information security and ISO27001; and
- Receipt of a newsletter that is designed to keep you informed of developments in the world of information security and the ISO27001 standards family.
Current members come from both the public and private sectors, and include:
o Third party accredited certification auditors (financial);
o Internal auditors (financial);
o Internal auditors (management systems);
- Governance professionals;
- Information security professionals;
- ISO27001/ISMS project managers and coordinators;
- IT professionals at all levels (administrators to Directors);
- Management consultants;
- Members of technical committees responsible for writing the standards; and
- Quality administrators and managers.
Anyone interested in joining the group can do so free-of-charge by contacting Steve Watkins, the Chair of the User Group at firstname.lastname@example.org (By applying you agree to the User Group holding your name and email address for the purpose of administering the group and communicating User group activities to you.)
Please note that membership is for individuals and not at organisation level, so you may wish to have more than one person in your organisation join.
The web pages of the International ISMS User Group can be found on the ISMS IUG page at www.iso27001certificates.com
*note: some partner events may charge an entrance fee, however the main UK ISO/IEC27001 User Group workshops are free-of-charge